The major update of EASIN includes:
- 'Show Species' functionality: in our mapping widget, the registered user can click on a geographical feature (country, cell of our standard 10x10 km grid, river basin) and get full lists of the species reported as present (total or by each separate data provider).
- Time Slider: a time slider has been implemented in our mapping widget. Now the user can limit the records shown in the map to a specified time-range.
- HCMR-EEA is a new Data Partner: the Hellenic Centre of Marine Research (HCMR) has been contracted within the European Topic Centre for Inland, Coastal and Marine Waters (ETC/ICM) by the European Environment Agency (EEA) to report on trends in marine alien species in European Seas. To serve this purpose, HCMR has developed a pan-European database of marine aliens. The Mediterranean component of this has been validated with Mediterranean taxonomic experts, is continuously updated and includes country-level lists of marine alien species. On May 2013, we agreed with HCMR-EEA to include this (the Mediterranean component) in EASIN.
- Update of EASIN-Lit: EASIN-Lit is an EASIN product, providing data on species distribution from the literature. 67 additional publications have been added to EASIN-Lit; now the total number of included publications is 139. In this update we have included, among others, many national reviews of alien marine species.
- Update of the EASIN-Catalogue: version 2.7 of the EASIN Catalogue has been uploaded. Mainly corrections/additions in the marine part of the Catalogue have been made.